Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Eligibility for the Champions Race


I’ve had several discussions with Urban Darers about eligibility for the Champions Race to be held on December 9 at a mystery location.

In order to be eligible, you must be a top 5 finisher in one of the local Urban Dare races.

One of the best things about the Champions Race is nobody will know their destination until December 8 when they depart. For the winners that receive free flight and hotel, I book their travel and they remain in the dark.

So how do I make it work for the 2nd through 5th place finishers who wish to participate? I’m really loath to do this, but I believe I will have to act as a travel agent for this.

I will notify all 2-5 finishers of their eligibility. If they are interested, I will search airfares and give them a ballpark cost for their race registration, which will include airfare and 2 nights hotel. I will have a third party verify travel purchase and cost.

Everyone will travel on December 8 and receive notification of their destination at the same time. The race will take place on Saturday, December 9. Return flights will be booked for Sunday afternoon.

I’m looking forward to seeing you somewhere on December 9 for the Champions Race.

We just might kick it up a notch on this one.
Best of luck.